Monday, February 7, 2011

Another finish


This lovely chart is a freebie from Primitive Betty!
http://primitivebettys.blogspot.com/2009/12/valentine-freebie-for-you.html

I completely changed the colours - chose pastels for my sick Mum to try and bring a smile to her face. She seemed to love it when I gave it to her.

I miss-counted when I first started though, so the design was miss-centred! Given I was using up some aida cloth I had to start with (that would have been plenty, had I not miss-counted), when stitching it up into its final cushion, I had to stitch very close to the border, but it still came out quite okay:


While I've been a bit slack in updating my blog of late, I have actually stitched stuff. Some of it I cannot yet show you, because it is on the other side of the world right now, waiting to be unwrapped on Valentine's Day, others I just cannot currently find the scans of. When I do, I will put them up! 

Recently I've become quite enamoured of the whole primitive stitchery thing, which is how I came about finding the Primitive Bettys site. From there, I have found others, one of which you will see after Valentines, when I can safely post a picture of what went overseas. More will be uploaded in days to come, as I have promised my Mum, who is staying with me, that I will put up more "pretty things" just for her (because she means the world to me).

I'm tossing up whether to start another valentine freebie from the Primitive Bettys site, or one of the others I have found along the way. 

Makes a nice change from teddy bears and cude & cuddly stitchery, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment