Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Egyptian Royalty


As I was browsing my collection of patterns for something new to stitch, I came across two little Egyptian patterns, and one large one. While I'm not that keen on the large one, I fell in love with the two little ones, and despite not being freebies (they come from Britain's No.1 Cross Stitcher Magazine, October 2003 issue), I thought I would take a break from holiday-based stitching (having done a whole ONE in that direction, i.e. the Jolly Jack-O-Lantern), and do these instead.

So I am starting with Tutankhamun, and after he is done, I will move on to Nefertiti. What you can't see from the scan above is the gold thread. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to scan very well, but truly it is very shiny and rather lovely.

As usual, I will do an update photo soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment