Thursday, September 19, 2013

Other Finishes (re) found

Some more things I found in my folders, while sorting out hard drives this past week:

NON-FREEBIE - Yikes! (Bent Creek):


Design - Yikes!
Designer - Bent Creek
Material - 14 ct Rustico Aida
Threads - as listed (DMC)


(complete with hand-painted black frame!)

NON-FREEBIE - Lighthouse (Dimensions)

Design - "Lighthouse"
Designer - Dimensions
Material - 14 ct white Aida
Threads - as listed

This is actually part of a larger chart, though I do not remember the proper name of the original ("Peaceful Retreat", perhaps?). I always liked the lighthouse best though!

FREEBIE - 


I have no memory of where this came from, who designed the original, whether it started life out as a filet crochet pattern, or what. I do know it is stitched in purple thread, possibly on white aida, though it could easily be on palest pink too. I'm not even sure what has happened to this little piece, as it is not in my 'finished' box!

UNSURES - 



Not sure where these two come from, though I do know that there are a couple more in the set. It also looks as though I might still have backstitch to go on the little snowman. Both are stitched on an interesting shade of red 14ct aida.

NON-FREEBIE - Betsy (front view) - 


Design - Betsy (front view)
Designer - Big Color Charts (I think!)
Fabric - 14 ct white aida
Threads - as listed

I loved Betsy from the moment I laid eyes on her, and just HAD to stitch her. The booklet she comes from has a front, side and rear view of Betsy, plus a few other charts in it, including a wonderful cow-related version of a rather famous painting - American Gothic. This chart, however, is called 'Americow Gothic'. Somewhere I have started stitching it too!

More to come at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment